Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Tribute to Sollaters batch 2011-2014: SoLLaT Us Meet Again

Assalamualaikum and Greetings, 

This post is a tribute to my dear McWanker, Ag Mohamad Syahid. This poem was written by Ag and was presented during our Farewell Lunch at Sollat, near D10 building on 17/6/2014, Tuesday. 

Here it is: 


SoLLaT Us Meet Again
by Ag Mohamad Syahid Jaslan @ awangsome



I have to admit,
I didn’t know how to greet,
when we first meet.


I was thinking “Hey.”
“What a nice day!”

But I decided no one will care,
if the sun is fair.

Because maybe we were just strangers,
still very much afraid of the dangers.

But if I knew,
back when we were still new.

That we would be this tight,
sitting side by side,
Like Mr. and Mrs. Right.

I would’ve said “Hey” out loud so that you can hear,
“I’m here.”
“Let us start earlier.”
“And not in our final year.”

But the clock can’t reset,
so it’s okay to be sad.

Time doesn’t flow backwards,
so all we can do is move onwards,
and upwards.

But bear in mind,
you are all one of a kind,
and it’s okay to feel fine.

Though I do not ask you to forget,
and it’s okay to regret,
all those things those words unsaid.

So if in the future,
you see a posture,
not unlike my picture.


Please say, “Hi, how do you do?”
and I’ll reply to you too,
“I’m good and it’s good to see you.”
Because I haven’t seen you in a few,
So it really is good to see you.




Ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment